Limitations on Use by Minors
The Site is not designed or intended to attract, and is not directed to, children under thirteen (13) years of age. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information through the Platform from a person under thirteen (13) years of age, we will use reasonable efforts to refrain from further using such personal information or maintaining it in retrievable form.Furthermore, if you are under sixteen (16) years of age, then you (or your parent or legal guardian if you are under age 13) may at any time request that we remove content or information about you that is posted on the Site. Please submit any such request ("Request for Removal of Minor Information") to either of the following:
- By mail: Hims & Hers Health, Inc., Attn: Privacy Officer, 2269 Chestnut Street, #523, San Francisco, CA 94123, with a subject line of "Removal of Minor Information. If you send by mail, please send by U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to allow for confirmation of mailing, delivery and tracking.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line of "Removal of Minor Information"
For each Request for Removal of Minor Information, please state "Removal of Minor Information" in the email or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body of the request:
- The nature of your request
- The identity of the content or information to be removed
- The location of the content or information on the Platform (e.g. by providing the URL)
- That the request is related to the "Removal of Minor Information"
- Your name, street address, city, state, zip code and email address, and whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or email
We will not accept any Request for Removal of Minor Information via telephone or facsimile. We are not responsible for failing to comply with any Request for Removal of Minor Information that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled or incorrectly sent.Please note that we are not required to erase or otherwise eliminate, or enable erasure or elimination of such content or information in certain circumstances, such as, for example, when an international, federal, state, or local law, rule or regulation requires us to maintain the content or information; when the content or information is stored on or posted to the Site by a third party other than you (including any content or information posted by you that was stored, republished or reposted by the third party); when we anonymize the content or information, so that you cannot be individually identified; when you do not follow the aforementioned instructions for requesting the removal of the content or information; and when you have received compensation or other consideration for providing the content or information.The foregoing is a description of our voluntary practices concerning the collection of personal information through the Service from certain minors, and is not intended to be an admission that we are subject to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, the Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule(s), or any similar international, federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.
Types of Information Collected
- Personally identifying information such as your name and contact data such as your e-mail address, phone number, and billing and physical addresses
- Billing and payment information
- Information about third parties that you provide to us (e.g., name, email, and/or other contact information, relationship)
- Statements or content (e.g., comments, videos, photographs, images) and information about such statements or content, which you submit to us or are otherwise publicly accessible
- Any other information you provide when you contact or communicate with us
We may automatically collection information when you visit the site, including:
- Computer, mobile device and/or browser information (e.g., IP address, mobile device ID information, operating system, connection speed, bandwidth, browser type, referring/exist web pages, web page requests, cookie information, hardware attributes, software attributes)
- Usage activity concerning your interactions with the Service and/or third-party websites, networks or applications accessed through the Service (e.g., viewing habits, viewing preferences, viewing history, number of clicks on a page or feature, amount of time spent on a page or feature, identify of third-party websites, networks, etc.)
We or our partners may also collect data from publicly available or commercial datasets in support of TEC’s research and advocacy relating to telehealth.
How Information Is Automatically Collected
Cookies are small data files (e.g., text files) stored on the browser or device you use to view a website. They may help store user preferences and activity and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. There are several types of cookies, including, for example, browser cookies, session cookies, and persistent cookies. Cookies may record information you access on one page of a website to simplify subsequent interaction with that website, or to help streamline your transactions on related pages of that website. Most major browsers are set up so that they will initially accept cookies, but you might be able to adjust your browser's or device's preferences to issue you an alert when a cookie is downloaded, or to block, reject, disable, delete or manage the use of some or all cookies on your browser or device. Cookies can be set by the website owner (i.e., us), or they can be set by third parties (e.g., Facebook, Google, etc.) Cookies are used to help us speed up your future activities or to improve your experience by remembering the information that you have already provided to us. Third party cookies may also be used to enable analytics (e.g. Google Analytics).Flash cookies, which are cookies written using Adobe Flash, and which may be permanently stored on your device. Like regular cookies, Flash cookies may help store user preferences and activity, and may allow a website to recognize a particular browser or device. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for regular cookies.Scripts, which are pieces of code embedded in a website to define how the website behaves in response to certain key or click requests sent by the user. Scripts are sometimes used to collect information about the user's interactions with the website, such as the links the user clicks on. Scripts are often times temporarily downloaded to the user's computer or device from the website server, active only while the user is connected to the Site and/or the App, and deactivated or deleted when the user disconnects from the website.By visiting the Site, you acknowledge and agree in each instance that you are giving us permission to monitor or otherwise track your activities on the Site, and that Hims & Hers may use the aforementioned technologies and/or other tracking, data aggregation and data analysis technologies.
Use of Information
In connection with TEC’s site and activities, we and our service providers may use your information for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Processing your registration;
- Communicating with you by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
- Developing, testing or improving the Site;
- Producing and distributing information relating to the use of telehealth;
- `Promoting and marketing TEC;
- Improving user experiences with the Site;
- Analyzing traffic to and through the Site;
- Analyzing user behavior and activity on or through the Site;
- Protecting or enforcing TEC’s and/or Hims & Hers’ rights and properties;
- Protecting or enforcing the rights and properties of others (which may include you);
- When required by applicable law, court order or other governmental authority (including, without limitation and by way of example only, in response to a subpoena or other legal process); or
- Hims & Hers believes in good faith that such use is otherwise necessary or advisable (including, without limitation and by way of example only, to investigate, prevent, or take legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, interfering with, or threatening the rights, obligations or properties of Hims & Hers, a user of the Service, which may include you, or anyone else who may be harmed by such activities or to further Hims & Hers' legitimate business interests).
We may de-identify your information and use, create and sell such de-identified information, or any business or other purpose not prohibited by applicable law.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your information to third parties in connection with the provision of our Site or as otherwise permitted or required by law. For example, we may disclose your information to:
- Our third-party and service providers (collectively "vendors") that provide services to enable us to provide the Service, such as the hosting of the Service, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, e-mail delivery, and other similar services;
- Our vendors that provide services to enable us to run our business and administrative operations, such as legal and financial advisory services, auditing services, analytics and similar services;
- Vendors as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws; and
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, liquidation or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock with such third party.